Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Woof! Love

Today is one of our dogs birthday.  Dharma wanted to get her a cake, so we set out to get a cake.  She picked one out and told me what she wanted written on it.  I shook my head, but whatever, the dog won't care either way, huh?  I set the cake up on the bakery shelf and the woman asks what we want written on it.  Dharma tells her, but she did not hear Dharma (or did not think she heard her) so I tried to repeat it without laughing.

"She wants it to say 'Woof Love'."

The woman looks at me.  "Woof.  Love?"

"It's for the dog." I explain.  She nodded her head like she understood now.  The woman asks Dharma what color she would like the letters to be and Dharma asked me what Mandalays favorite color was.  Since we don't know, we just decided it should be orange, which is Dharma's favorite color.

Meanwhile, Dharma is looking around and sees a chocolate cake and comments how she wishes she could have had that one instead.  I stop the cake decorator and I ask Dharma if she'd rather have that one.  She starts, "No.  Because..."  And we all (Dharma, the cake decorator and myself) finish together, "...then the dog couldn't have any."

One never knows what's going to happen with Dharma around.



No comments:

Post a Comment