Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Life cycle and my necklace

So tonight, on our way to a wake, Dharma says to me, "Mom?  People shouldn't be sad when other people die."

"Hmm.  Why's that, Dharma?"

She replies, "Because it's the cycle of life.  People are born.  People live.  People die.  It's how it works.  People have to die in order to make room for the children."

NO IDEA where that came from, but sometimes that child is wise beyond her years.




On the way home from the wake we had this conversation:

Dharma: Mom, one day when you die I want your necklace.
Me: Great.
Dharma: I mean, I won't kill you for it.  But when you die from old age or sickness, I want the necklace."  She then continued, "But I promise I won't kill you."

Let's just say I'm sleeping with one eye open for a while.

VISIT DHARMALAND ON FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment