Sunday, December 18, 2011

Me so hungry

I had to go grocery shopping and since Rob was only home because he threw his back out, Dharma had to come with me.  It's ALWAYS interesting taking her shopping because I never know what she is going to do that will cause me to cover my face and try to slip out of the store unnoticed.

We were about 10 steps into the store when it started.  "I'm huuuunnngryyy.  Hungry.  I'm hungry."  Usually telling her we will eat as soon as we get home works.  Today it did not.

She asked me "Why don't you ever let me eeeeaat?!"  People looked.  "I'm starving, mom.  When can me eat?"  More people looked.  I started walking faster.  "Mom.  Me so hungry.  Why did you tell me I can't eat today?"

Up to this point (it was about 1pm) she had eaten a container of yogurt, a fun size pack of skittles, an apple, a fried egg, corned beef hash and 2 large sized gumballs that she stole from Mackenzie's room.  Instead of pointing this out to her I grabbed a bite size cake sample from the counter in the bakery and handed it to her.  She shoved the whole thing in her mouth at once like she was famished.  When she finished and swallowed it she said (loud, since that is her only volume) "I love you, mom.  Thank you for letting me eat today"

No comments:

Post a Comment