Thursday, November 7, 2013

That's just batty

I needed to make a quick stop on the way home at the grocery store.  Dharma and I were going to run in and out and be home.  No drama.

We got to the car and I say, "Where's Batty?"  (her stuffed bat that I told her NOT to take into the store but she insisted on taking in anyway).

"I must have left him in the store."  She says.

And so it starts.  We walk up and down every aisle, even the ones we had not been in.  No bat. 

We go up to the service desk and I ask if anyone has turned him in.  Of course they haven't. 

The nice older lady asks if we want to leave our name.  Of course we do.

She looks at Dharma and asks if Dharma can describe the TOY.  Toy.  She called it a toy.  Dharma says, "He's black and his name is batty and he's a REAL BAT. He's not a toy."  Then, just for effect, she looks up to the ceiling and says, "I thought I heard him flying by."

The woman looks to me and I smile.  I assume the woman knows by my smile that she should not pay attention to anything Dharma just said.  Not the case.  Instead she loudly says, "It's a REAL bat?!  You brought a REAL BAT into the store?  AND LOST IT!?"  She now looks at the ceiling.  I thought she was playing along.  I mean, who brings a real bat to the grocery store?  I figured we were on the same page. 

Until she called the manager over.

No comments:

Post a Comment