Monday, November 18, 2013

Taking on Tyson. Not Mike, the other Tyson.



Dharma, who is no stranger to controversy or debate, wants me to contact the Tyson chicken company regarding their dinosaur chicken nuggets.  She feels that people are being misled by their small poultry snack. 

This started today when I asked her how many T-Rexes and how many Stegosauruses she wanted for lunch.  She looked at them and said there are no Stegosauruses.  I pointed to the package, I held up a frozen, prehistoric shaped nugget and I looked at her.

"Oh that?"  She asked.  "That's not a Stegosaurus."

"Really?"  I questioned.  "Then what kind of dinosaur is it?"

"It's not a dinosaur.  It's a Dimetrodon."

I paused to look at her.  I just stared at her for a few seconds.  "No, Dharma.  See?  The package has a T-Rex and a Stegosaurus.  They're right here."  I pointed at the package.  "And what the heck is a Dimetrodon?"

Apparently, a Dimetrodon is a prehistoric reptile that, while it resembles a dinosaur, is not, in fact, a dinosaur.  So I told her that we'd just play along and asked her again how many of each she wanted.  Nope.  She wanted me to call them and tell them they're wrong.  The product is listed as a "Fun Nugget" and makes no mention of dinosaur, so they have not really done anything wrong here.  There is no false advertising.  But tell that to Dharma.

So if you're asking why she would think that the small dinosaur is a Dimetrodon and not a Stegosaurus, her answer is easy:  Stegosauruses have spikes on their tails.  Dimetrodons, do not.  Stegosaurses have armor plates on their back.  Dimetrodons have a sail-like thing.  If you really look at it, she may just be right.



Dimetrodon:



Stegosaurus:

No comments:

Post a Comment