Monday, August 19, 2013

Meeting the new teacher

We went to Dharma's school tonight to drop off supplies and meet her teacher.  Dharma, who is usually so charismatic and friendly toward strangers was an absolute bear!  She had a mild tantrum when it came time to take a picture of her with her teacher, was upset that she needed to walk around the classroom and put her things away, and was none too happy when it was time to go and she had to stop looking at the fish in the pond (Yes, her classroom has a large tiled pond). 

I was mildly embarrassed at first, but then I thought, "Her teacher may as well get to know the moody side of Dharma now, instead of thinking she is always the fun-loving, witty child most people think she is."

Even with her being irritable, she managed to find her hook for her backpack, her cubby hole and make a name tag and set it on the table next to a girl she has already met a few times because her older sister was in Mackenzie's Girl Scout Troop.  (I apologize to her mom in advance, they have a family of 5 wonderfully behaved, lovely girls and I hate to think my child may taint that.)

I feel better after meeting her teacher.  I admit I was a little worried because this is her first year here and the previous K teacher (who is now teaching 1st grade I think) was absolutely incredible!  I loved seeing the loving, yet firm, control she had over her class each year.  This new teacher seems very friendly and I am looking forward to this year now, which officially starts on Wednesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment