Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dharmaland: Grand Re-opening

Today I spent 4 hours getting Dharmaland set up for the season.  I layed landscape fabric and stapled it down (with Dharma's "help").  I put up the fencing, I put down the edging and put out a lot of mulch (I lost count of how many bags).  When I say "I", what I actually mean is "we" - Mackenzie helped A LOT!  She helped lug bags of mulch from the garage to the backyard and she was on dog doody clean up.

I only got the clubhouse and the main slide in there before I quit for the day due to soreness kicking in.  We still have the smaller slide, a beach (sandbox) and two picnic areas to wash off and get in there.  Dharma doesn't mind, she has already been in there playing.

We did take a half hour break to try to fly a kite.  Try.  We tried.  None of us are very good at it.  I am blaming it on the surrounding houses and NOT our disability to fly a kite.

All in all it was a good day.  The kids were well behaved and helpful.


ATTEMPT AT KITE FLYING:




DHARMALAND, DURING RENOVATIONS:

DHARMALAND, AFTER RENOVATIONS:
Look to the left side of the next two pictures.  I noticed the rainbow in both 
of them when I opened them to crop and size them.  Weird camera
angle, I'm sure...but neat none the less.


No comments:

Post a Comment