Friday, February 3, 2012

The Whole Story

Thursday when my mom dropped Dharma off at school, Dharma told her she was scared of her teacher.  Not scared enough that she did not run into the school and run off to play with her new friends, though.

Even still, I asked Dharma later that night why she was afraid of her teacher:

Me: How was school today?
Dharma: Good.
Me: What did you do?
Dharma: Played with my friends and the toys.
Me: Grandma said you were afraid of your teacher.  Did something happen?
Dharma: My teacher said my name really loud.
Me: Really?  What was going on when she did that?  What did she say to you?
Dharma: I was playing with the toys there.  She said "Dharma, come here."
Me: Oh.  But you were playing nicely with the other kids?
Dharma: No.  I was playing alone.
Me: What were the other kids doing that you were playing alone?
Dharma: Sitting on the rug listening to the story our teacher was reading.
Me: Why weren't you on the rug?
Dharma: I didn't like the story.


So I know with Dharma, it is important to make sure to get THE WHOLE STORY before assuming anything.

3 comments:

  1. Have I told you lately how much I love that child? I am glad I am neither her teacher nor her parent (nor her dog for that matter) but I do love her! My husband said you'll receive sainthood one day. Forget the 2 or 3 miracles you have to make happen, surviving Dharmaland will be enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too will survive.Mine was like her and so far we have both survived almost 16 yrs..I do wish you all the luck in the world though..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, did I ever see THAT one coming!!! I can say "been there/done that" so many times with my boys, especially my youngest, Dean (who is now 25). But, the memories of "DeanWorld" remain so fresh...I should have done a blog (if they had existed back then).

    ReplyDelete