Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dog Meat

Today at Al Caputo's Dharma and I were standing in front of the meat case waiting for Rob and Mackenzie to catch up.  Dharma looks over and says "Look mom, dog meat."  I looked and saw pork and beef and said "Yep."  Then I looked at the woman who was standing at the front of my cart, looking at me strange and I smiled.

Dharma then said "Are we getting dog meat for Mandi to eat?"

"No, Dharma.  She has enough meat and bones in the fridge."  I looked at the lady again and smiled since she was looking at me again then said "I wonder where your dad and Kenzie are."  The woman was weirding me out because she kept looking at me.

"Is that dog meat there, too, mom?"  Dharma asked.  Then I realized what that lady was thinking.  She was thinking we were buying meat made FROM a dog, not meat FOR a dog.  I would love to hear the conversation that woman is having with her family right about now.



No comments:

Post a Comment