Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First day of school

Dharma's first day of school was today.  I knew we would not have a problem with her staying there since she has been looking forward to it for weeks.  She was very excited to get there, meet her new teacher and tell her all about everything.  She was also looking forward to making new friends.  It just happened that there was another new girl today so the teacher introduced them right away to eachother.

Dharma looked around and took it all in.  When she saw the playground through the back window she said, "Look mom, they put that park here just for me."  When she saw the stool in front of the sink so the kids could wash their hands she commented, "Mom, there is a stool there just for me so I can reach the sink."  The teacher put her name above the coat hook on the end and Dharma told me "My hook is first, before anyone else's." 

Confidence is not something she lacks.

My mom came with to drop Dharma off and to see the routine since she will be the one doing this starting next week.  We stayed for a few minutes to make sure everything was okay.  Dharma said something to her teacher, who did not hear her and asked her to repeat it.  So she repeated to the teacher, loud enough for me to hear her from across the room this time, "I just farted."  All I could do was smile and shake my head.

When I picked her up I asked the teacher how she did and she said Dharma is much more outgoing than Mackenzie was (she must have talked back), she has no problem making new friends (she talks a lot), she is very creative (she must not have followed the instructions during fingerpainting time) and that she is looking forward to seeing her again Thursday (please take this child and leave now).

Dharma said her favorite thing today was snack time because they had little graham crackers and her new friend gave her some of hers.  Her least favorite thing was playing with blocks because one of the boys would not listen to her and kept stacking them up wrong.  I feel sorry for that little boy, he obviously does not have as much foresight as the girl who was handing over her graham crackers.


1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid the world was no more prepared than you to withstand the coming of Dharma.

    Let us bow our heads in silence, for the end is nigh.

    ReplyDelete