Thursday, December 3, 2015

Tyrannosaurs Had Sex Too

Got a call from Dharma's principal. Let me remind you that she is in second grade now. I guess there was an incident during the writing portion of school today. The kids were to write a table of contents for a story they are working on. Dharma is writing her story on the Tyrannosaurus Rex, of course. What would a story be without a section on the mating and birthing process these giants went through? Only, she was very adamant about using the word sex. Which, of course, is not appropriate for a second grade public school audience.

I imagine her story was going to go something like this:

Ode to the beast of the all the Tyrannosaurs -

He caused tyranny everywhere he went
The giant, Tyrannosaurus Rex
He might still be around
If he had only had more sex

I feel as though I should send an apologetic email to her teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment